Colbond is a CE marked Polymer Modified Bond Coat Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with EN 13808:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders - Framework For Specifying Cationic Emulsions.
Colbond complies with TII Specification; Table 15 of Specification for Road Works Series 900 - Road Pavements - Bituminous Materials (CC-SPW-00900)
- Is our polymer-modified emulsion for bond coating; and
- It is suitable for use on all pavement layers;
- Polymer-modified bond coats are specified by TII Series 900 to be used between each asphalt pavement layer;
- Polymer modification provides stronger bond between asphalt layers, compared to conventional tack coat emulsion;
- Is a quick break emulsion to reduce pickup by the tyres of the paving equipment;
- Application temperature is 65 to 75°C;
- If stored over a prolonged period, it should be stored at 40 to 60°C, protected from frost and circulated and heated to 70°C before spraying.
Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, block co-polymer and fluxant.
Temperature Application temperature 65-75°C
- Store in Insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control.
- Storage temperature 40-60°C for long term storage, protect from frost.
- Before spraying heat to 65-75°C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C.
- Colbond should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion Sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707 and EN12272-1.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our Binders.