Cationic 70% is a CE marked Surface Dressing Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with IS EN 13088:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders - Framework For Specifying Cationic Emulsions.
Cationic 70% complies with TII Specification; Table 15 of Specification for Road Works Series 900 - Road Pavements - Bituminous Materials (CC-SPW-00900)
- Our standard rapid-setting surface dressing emulsion and is ideally suited for use on regional and local roads;
- Is also the best option for sealing recycled pavements and unbound aggregate overlays (i.e. Clause 804 or Clause 806); and
- Can be applied earlier and later in the season than polymer emulsions, as it can be applied in damper and cooler conditions.
Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, adhesion agents and fluxant.
Temperature Application temperature 80-85°C.
- Store in Insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control.
- Storage temperature 40-70°C for long term storage, protect from frost.
- Before spraying heat to 80-85°C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C.
- Cationic 70% should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707 and EN12272-1.
- Application rates should be designed to suit the particular circumstances of the site.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our binders.
- Best results in surface dressing will be achieved during the main spraying season April- September.